Thursday, October 23, 2008

Not something that happens every day

Something happened to me the other night that has never happened to me before, and will probably never happen to me again:

A kookaburra threw a frog at me.

I had just gotten onto my bike and was about to leave the nursing home where my grandmother is currently feeling miserable, when I heard a very peculiar sound. It sounded a bit like a gecko with an attitude problem, but was a lot louder and more expressive than the average gecko noise.

When I glanced in the direction of the noise I saw some sort of flapping and fluttering of wings.

"Surely a bird wouldn't make a sound like that?" I thought to myself. I pedaled towards the strange sight to investigate.

Suddenly, even though I would have thought it long past its bed-time, a kookaburra flew from the location of the strange noise and threw something at me as it went.

With a rather sad-sounding "plop", a frog landed on the ground not far from where I had paused on my bicycle. As the kookaburra made a sound that was very much like the kind of sound an annoyed kookaburra would make, the frog hobbled over to the nearest garden bed and buried itself under a plant.

I thought to myself, "That was a bit different", and then rode home.

No comments:

Post a Comment