Friday, February 27, 2009

I got the dreaded lurgy

My brain feels like it's being slowly replaced with compacted cotton wool, and every twenty minutes or so I seem to hack up a lung.

Plus, the parts of my brain that are being replaced by the cotton wool seem to be melting and running out of my right nostril. Specifically the right one. I don't know what strange deal the left side of my face did with the powers that be in order to be spared this torment, but there you go.

I don't understand it, really. I've got enough faith in science and providence to believe that everything has a purpose and a reason. Organisms do what they do in order to achieve something for their own existential benefit.

So, could someone please tell me why having small microscopic organisms in my system results in having my chest and sinuses conspire to suffocate me? How does that benefit anyone? The organisms can't continue to feed and breed in my system if I'm dead, and I can't successfully fight off the infection if my brain is so fuzzy I walk under a bus.

As the detective said to the side-kick, who benefits from this crime?

No comments:

Post a Comment