Monday, September 21, 2009

Dinner

Or, Virtue Rewarded*

I found a can-opener straight away tonight. I just opened the dreaded utensils drawer, and it was right there! I was so happy I didn't even bother looking for a better can opener, even though this was one of those horrible things that take the whole top off and make you spill some of the liquid whenever you use them.

There were bound to have been more can-openers of various colours and designs in that drawer - there seemed to have been multiple versions of everything that wasn't a vegetable peeler - but I decided to quit while I was ahead.

I was actually feeling quite smug about how successfully I managed to cook dinner without even coming close to cutting off my own arm, but then as I was dishing out the food I realised I had forgotten to add the beans - which made my "Sausage, Bean and Corn Casserole" a little incomplete.

Ah, well. Such is life.

I caught a glimpse of the "other cat" tonight, which means he's not dead. I find that comforting.


*For further illumination on this subtitle, you should refer to another post, written by another me.

No comments:

Post a Comment