Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Banjolele

I have recently purchased a banjo ukulele.  I didn't actually set out to do that, it just sort of happened.  I dropped by a music shop to see if they had some ukulele books worth buying (answer:  heck yeah!  A book of 250 songs ranging from "Ring of Fire" to "Echo Beach"), and noticed they had a really nice looking banjo ukulele with the ukes.

This thing cost more than my banjo and ukulele put together, but there are somethings you see and you just think "this belongs in my life", so I bought it.  I had toyed with the idea of a baritone uke, and this is still a concert size, but hey...

I'm a ukulele player now.  I wasn't expecting this.  If you had asked me a couple of years ago if I played the ukulele, my answer would be:  "Why would anyone do that?"  But, now I play the ukulele.  Now I own a banjo ukulele.  Now I play "Ring of Fire" on a banjo ukulele.  This is who I am these days.

I'm not a terribly good uke player - I just mumble through with a few chords - but it brings me pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment