Monday, January 20, 2014

Well, that's just sad

My baseball team (the one I support in the ABL, not one I play for) has recently put this in a news post:

"In the last series of the year, the Bandits are up against Canberra in the hopes of eliminating the Cavalry from the playoff race over the final weekend of the regular season."

We're at the bottom of the ladder, and so resigned to being there that our greatest hope is to make life miserable for some other team.

Not:  "hey, let's see if we can end with a win!" but rather: "hey, let's see if we can spoil Canberra's chances of making the playoffs!"

Which is something I find particularly depressing, as Canberra is the team I'm likely to be barracking for in the post season.

Do we even have a post season in Australia?

Anyway, buck up Brisbane Bandits.  And show a touch of sportsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment