Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Lunch - Our Mum's Café

This is not an advertisement, it is just me giving praise where due:

I managed to have lunch at Our Mum's Café today. It's been too long since I've managed to buy my lunch from that establishment, and it will probably be far too long until the next time I get the chance.

I'd just like to say, if you're ever in Townsville and in the Mount Louisa area (especially in the industrial area near Pilkington Street), and you find yourself in need of lunch, you should definitely consider dropping by Our Mum's Café.

I discovered them quite by accident a few years ago, and I have to say they make the best roast pork sandwiches in the country (at least, in my experience). The pork is neither dry nor dripping with fat, there's plenty of it and the gravy is pretty good, too.

Ever since I started buying roast pork sandwiches from Our Mum's, I've never been happy with any such sandwich bought from any other store. They all seem over-priced and under-stuffed by comparison.

Of course, roast pork isn't all they do. They also have a full complement of other types of sandwiches, hamburgers, fried food... anything you could want for lunch, really (well, within the usual Western fair - they don't do a lot of Chinese or Indian, for example). Apparently they're also open for breakfast from 7:00am, so that could be something to think about, too.

Being smack in the middle of an industrial area, they cater for the "working men" that surround them. That means good food and lots of it.

So, if you're in the area and looking for something to eat - or you just want to ruin your experience of all other roast pork sandwiches in the country, you should drop by Our Mum's:

Our Mum's Café - 46 Pilkington St Garbutt - Phone/Fax 4814(07) 4725 7000

No comments:

Post a Comment