Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fancy, swanky stuff

Well, last night I stayed in the fanciest place I think I've ever stayed in.

It was a beautiful B&B in an old Edwardian house with lovely gardens and a sitting room with an open fire one could sit in (plus a breakfast room with a full cooked breakfast as well as cereal and all that).

It also came with a big bathroom with a spa bath. Now, I can't remember ever using a spa bath before, and I was quite looking forward to the experience... until I actually filled the darn thing up and turned it on. A) It seemed like such a lot of water just to fill it to the point where the spigots (or whatever they were) would work. I kept wondering if I'd emptied the hot water machine entirely (I like it hot). B) It's just plain weird. All this water gooshing out from all over the bath... I had to turn it off after only a couple of minutes, it was too odd. Then I ended up sticking around longer that I really felt comfortable just because I'd used all that water (probably the same amount I used in the shower, but you can't see it that way), and spent the rest of the night feeling overheated and wasteful. Give me a good shower any day.

Oh, I've decided I quite like heated floors in the bathroom, though. That was all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment