Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bruny Island Rocks

Bruny Island is fabulous. It must have some of the best beaches in Tasmania. I think I'll stay here another day (because I can).

I'm staying in a cabin at the caravan park in Adventure Bay (where both Captain Cook and Captain Bligh landed during their voyages - Cpt Cook in the Resolution and Bligh in the Bounty, and the beach at that bay is just lovely. There are also beach walks a bush walks all over the island. I currently smell rather bad after having spend the morning climbing up mountains and staring over the sides of rather large cliff faces.

And I got here at the right time - the film club on the island had a screening of Tokyo Story (the 1957 Japanese Masterpiece) last night. I got to eat cake and watch old subtitled movies in a drafty town hall. What more could you ask from an adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment