Monday, April 28, 2008

Old friends...

Well, I've just been spending the last few days pottering around the area in Tasmania where I used to live.

I managed to catch up with some old friends - both people and places. I was mildly annoyed to find the first two days I was here just happened to be when they had two days worth of cold, shivering rain to break the unusually warm dry spell they had been having until I left the plane...

I had a perfectly glorious day to go for a hike to Anniversary Bay and have a stroll through the Allendale Gardens (two of my favourite places), though. It was a perfectly magnificent day - just perfect for a walk in a national park.

Oh, and Allendale Gardens was just magnificent. The roses they had planted just before my last visit were all huge and blooming and glorious, and I've always loved the older parts of the gardens. I've decided that, if miracles happen and I ever do get married, Allendale Gardens will be awfully high on my list of places in which to do it. I just have to figure out whether or not it would be completely tasteless to get married by an Elvis impersonator if one is going to be married in a beautiful private garden in Tasmania, as opposed to a tacky chapel in Vegas...

Warratah is still the same cypher it always was - a pretty little town that should both be more than it is and probably not exist at all... I'll right a bit more about Warratah later.

And Wynyard? I've always loved this town. I'll have to come back here every couple of years ago, if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment