Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So far, so...

Well, Singapore was warm. Very, very warm. I thought it looked like an interesting place, and part of me wouldn't mind spending more time there, but I'm not sure I'm interested in returning to that climate.

I've decided I hate 12 hour flights. Especially when they are followed by another six hours spent variously waiting in airports and taking even more flights. I usually fly fairly well, but by the end of that I was willing to stay here in Estonia simply to avoid getting on another plane.

I like Tallinn. It's a nice looking place and surprisingly easy to get around. I successfully found a laundromat and "achieved laundry" (hey, it felt like an achievement) yesterday, so I felt pretty good about myself.

I woke up yesterday feeling strangely depressed. I think it was a combination of the flights and the hostel (hostels always depress me. If it wasn't for the sake of expedience - the tour and the hostel are run by the same people - I would have gone fore some place without the "s"). By the time I had achieved laundry, walked around for a few hours and bought some things I didn't need to buy, I was feeling much more positive about it all.

The cycle tour of Tallinn in the afternoon was great. It took me places I probably wouldn't have gotten to on my own, and I saw a lot of very pretty sites. I'd recommend it to anyone.

However... I don't know if I've eaten something that's disagreeing with me, or if I'm coming down with something, but last night my stomach started playing up. I was up almost all night with the rotten thing, and I'm starting to freak out about the idea of being sick on a bike in the middle of a strange country. I start the "grand tour" today, but I may have to rethink some of my plans.

Damn physical realities. Always getting in the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment