Monday, July 13, 2009

Image of the Week

Now, remember folks, just because this is the "image of the week", that doesn't mean there's going to be one every week. Just thought I'd point that out.



Okay, this isn't one of the "puzzle-worthy" photos I like to take while I'm on holidays (I have a strange need to try to take photos that would make good jigsaw puzzles), but it's kind of special to me.

This was #53 - the bike that was my sole companion for a week in Estonia. We had a fairly good relationship: it fell over a few times, usually under circumstances I didn't think warranted falling over, but at least it never did that while I was on it. It held up brilliantly throughout the tour (under admittedly cushy conditions, when you consider the grand spectrum of bike touring) and, all in all, I was most impressed by #53's performance. It confirmed my opinion about Merida bikes, and my next bike is definitely going to be a Merida. Or a Pinarello - but that's just because I think they're pretty.

Anyway, the bike is only part of the picture. Behind it you can see the northern coastline of Estonia. This was taken just outside of Kaberneeme, and for a few kilometres of coast there is this wonderful section of forest with little or no undergrowth. You can see all sorts of tracks through the trees, and get a decent glimpse of the ocean from the road. 'Twas a very pretty place to ride a bike, it must be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment