Monday, June 23, 2014

Jacket blues

My new blue fencing jacket didn't survive its first bout.

My opponent hit me on the sword arm, and the seam came apart - rendering it not only "very disappointing" but also "not safe to fence".

I had to go find a club jacket to fence in for the rest of the night.  I went from having a padded, double layer jacket designed to reduce bruises to something that was quite thin and lightweight (and I didn't even have a plastron) which offered little protection from bruising at all (but at least wouldn't snag a sword).

And it (the club's jacket) smelled.

Bummer.

My new blue jacket went from being something a little disappointing that I could adjust and live with, to something I'm totally sending back for a refund.

I don't ask much from my fencing gear, but I want it to be suitable for fencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment