Monday, September 8, 2014

Minigolf and Mazes

Coming off my last post about minigolf establishments, a minigolf center is now right up there on my "I'd like to do this when I'm rich" list with a maze complex.  In fact, it’s probably much easier than a maze complex.  I could probably put a minigolf centre on the block of land I eventually intend to turn into a maze complex and use it to earn some money to go towards constructing the mazes.

Then I will own a space that has lovely gardens, a maze complex and a minigolf centre on the outside, a room that contains a miniature village with model trains on the inside and a lovely teahouse where people can have Devonshire Teas and book the pretty spaces for weddings and such.

Or I could put the minigolf centre (with its small, neat gardens, a garden railway and a small teahouse) on a smaller block of land somewhere else in town while I’m working on the maze complex (with its formal gardens and bigger, classier teahouse) in another part of town (or in a neighbouring town) and have deals and things where people who visit one get a discount on the other.

I wouldn’t do any of this here, in this city, of course.  It’s my dream to buy a big block of land in a small town (where the land is cheaper) and use this complex to bring some tourism dollars into the place.  I keep thinking that if I’m smart enough I can make places that can fulfil a few needs at the same time, and therefore not make myself completely broke while chasing this dream.

A place for the locals to go for lunch or coffee.  A place for people to book for parties and weddings.  A place that encourages tourists to stop and spend some money/time in the region.

I love these sorts of places, and they seem so obvious and easy to execute that I don’t know why more small towns don’t have them.  I’ll probably find out the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment