Friday, November 7, 2014

Brisbane CityCycle Sucks

So, I'm visiting Brisbane at the moment, constantly walking past racks of CityCycle bicycles that are there for the taking...

... just not if you're only in town for the day and have no intention of signing up to a system that's barely user friendly for long-term residents.

The whole Go Card thing for public transport is already terribly unfriendly for visitors, why is taking a bike even more user unfriendly?

There are just too many steps involved, it's unnecessarily complicated, and if you happened to have a Go Card on you it can be used on the bike system - but only if you sign up for a 3 month subscription that (as a visitor for the day) you will *never* use.

I have a Go Card in my hand.  I have a strong desire to use this service that is in front of me.  Why is The City standing in my way?

I sometimes think Brisbane doesn't want you to visit.  Either live here and get with the programme, or stay out.

No comments:

Post a Comment