Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Luck of the Aye Aye

I understand it all, now. The aye ayes truly are, in fact, omens of bad luck - just as the native Madagasy tribes thought they were.

I think, however, it probably depends on whether or not you insult them first.

Case in point:

On Monday, I wrote a post about how aye ayes were ugly, freaky looking things that would scare you silly if you bumped into one by accident.

Monday night I fainted (long story), hit my head on a brick wall and knocked myself out. They had to X-ray my neck and keep me overnight in the hospital to make sure I hadn't given myself a serious head wound.

I'm fine, but my face is decidedly grazed - which lead me to make the comment to one concerned friend: "I'm okay, just a bit ugly".

So, I go on record as saying that this supposed omen of bad luck is "ugly", and that very night...!

A coincidence? I think not.

Don't mess with the aye ayes.

No comments:

Post a Comment