Thursday, September 9, 2010

Unstable buildings

Some time ago I indulged in a ham-fisted attempt to translate the classic Play School song "A House with a Floor" into Estonian. As often happens when I'm in the middle of a meeting, I decided it was worth my while trying to translate the same song into German*. More ham-fisted attempts follow:

Hier ist ein Haus mit einem Boden
Mit einem Boden
Mit einem Boden
Hier ist ein Haus mit einer Wand
Mit einer Wand
Mit einer Wand
Hier ist ein Haus mit einen Dach
Mit einem Dach
Mit einem Dach
(Hier ist ein Haus einstürzen)
Das ist nicht mehr ein Haus
Ist nicht mehr
Das ist nicht mehr ein Haus


*Just to clarify, I don't often think I should translate "A House with a Floor" into German while in meetings. I just often think anything at all would be more interesting than what I'm currently doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment