Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pah! Humbug!

It's official, I hate music.

I had a strange desire to listen to wind quintet music today.  I couldn't remember if I'd heard any before.  Brass quintet, yes, but not necessarily wind.

So, I live in a library, right?  When you live in a library and you think "I wouldn't mind exploring X", you are in a particularly ideal place to do that.

To the catalogue!  To the AV collection!

Up the stairs I sprang (walking up stairs is for wusses) to fetch a cluster of CDs.

Put in the first CD - hated it.

Put in the second CD - hated it.

Put in the third CD - hated it.

Put in the fourth CD - hated it.

Tuneless tonal meanderings don't float my boat.  I want something with melody.  Something I can whistle along with, once I've picked up the general theme.

And, as a friend of mine often points out, if I can't appreciate the non-"conservative" stuff in art, I clearly can't appreciate the art.  Or my appreciation is limited.  Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment