Monday, October 3, 2011

There's a Bike Under My Desk...


...and it makes me very happy.

I knocked off work early yesterday to do some work on an assignment, and twenty minutes after I got home the truck with my bike turned up.

Let's just say I didn't do as much work on my assignment as I planned.

I mean, I totally would have worked on my assignment all afternoon, but there was a bike in my kitchen:



I've been grinning like a loon since yesterday afternoon, and trying really hard to avoid dancing around singing "New bike! New bike! New biiiiiike!" more often than is seemly. Impossible to avoid doing it entirely, but one should try to keep things at a moderate and respectable level.

That colour is "turkish green", which looks like a pale blue to me. If I'd quite computed how pale blue the bike was going to look I would have gone for the black and white bag not the green and honey one:



Which, to be honest, clashes a little and isn't the most convenient thing to have on a Brompton, but it ended up working more or less the way I thought it would. I'm just going to have to remove the rack before packing the bike, which is more convenient that dismantling the whole bike.

Right now we're just getting to know each other, and I'm trying to work out the logistics of things like putting lights on the thing.

That, and trying to avoid patting it like a new puppy. It's just under my desk, you see...

No comments:

Post a Comment