Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mask

What I like about my workplace is the fact that it's always entirely possible that one day you will walk through to door to find someone dressed in full fencing gear while someone else is throwing plastic cutlery at them.

My garb came in the mail today and, despite being told that they could not deliver to a post office box, it was delivered to my post office box.  I did promise people I would show them what it looked like if it turned up at work...



Well, not quite "full" - my socks are coming in a different package, and I don't own "proper" fencing shoes yet.  Eagle-eyed viewers might notice I'm only wearing the mask in this photo.  I actually do have the plastron, glove, pants and jacket, too, but they were back in the box by the time I thought to take a photo.

First impressions:  the proper 1600N Negrini mask is much more comfortable than the cheap Uhlmann one I've been wearing at the club, and I'm quite impressed with the fact that everything actually fits, considering I bought it "off the rack" and "on speck", based solely on a handful of measurements.  And, it is quite light compared to the club gear I've been using.  We'll see how it feels when someone is trying to poke me with a sword...

2 comments:

  1. Yehks! :-) Wouldn't want to meet you on a back alley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the rest of the outfit is bright white, so you'd be able to see me coming a mile away...

    ReplyDelete