Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Novosjolov vs Pizzo

Well! There are times, I will admit, when watching fencing is a bit like watching two people wave sticks at each other for no apparent reason while running back and forth in a straight line.

Like football (the real football - the one where they can only use their feet), it does seem like not much is happening - although, unlike football, the score line actually changes and it doesn't drag on for over an hour.

Then you see a bout like this:




Now, just a heads-up, the first person to 15 wins. You'll probably miss it because the tape cuts straight after Pizzo hits.  I'm probably not giving anything away by telling you the Italian wins - the score is in the description of the clip.

Did I use the word "tape" while talking about a YouTube clip?  It must be because I never quite reconciled myself to the end of the 80s.

Anyway, there are more interesting bouts out there, this is just one I saw recently.  One in which "my" fencer loses, but Pizzo puts in quite the flying performance.  Heck, he even falls over at one point (and keep an eye out for a flying sword to the head at about the 5 minute mark).

No comments:

Post a Comment