Friday, July 19, 2013

Hats

It has come to my attention, from watching the news and "period" movies and TV shows, that men like silly hats.

They like silly hats so much that, when given any kind of power (particularly something like an organised religion or a dictatorship), one of the first things they do is create uniforms for every single station in life - each with its own silly hat.

I suspect this is so they can measure their success in life by putting on their hats in the morning, looking at themselves in the mirror, and saying to themselves:

"Oh, yeah --  I'm totally the Vice-Sergeant General of the Eastern Quark.  I'm looking totally important in my Vice-Sergeants hat, and I am rocking this joint!"

Happy is the man who does not need a silly hat to feel important - for the silly hats can be given, and the silly hats can be taken away.  And then, all you a left with is an old photograph of yourself looking like a weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment