Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A comparison

So, there I was, in the "washroom" at work.  I was busy washing my hands while singing "Happy Birthday, Typhoid Mary" in my head (as I am wont to do of occasion), wondering if I'm the only person in the office who takes a full minute to wash her hands...

At that point, one of the other ladies swans out of the toilet, rinses her hands under the tap for two seconds (without even using soap), and then grabs hold of the door handle without even drying her hands first (nothing helps germs move from one surface to another quite like water).

And suddenly I felt completely okay with my habit of using paper hand-towels to open the door when exiting public restrooms (or washing my hands with sanitizer afterwards if I can't use any paper).

I may be unnecessarily fussy, but other people are icky.

No comments:

Post a Comment