Thursday, December 9, 2010

What keeps you awake at night

It’s not so much the fact that I can’t get to sleep at night that bothers me. It’s more the things I’m thinking about that, for some unearthly reason, are keeping me from dozing off.

If I was worried about something I had to do tomorrow, well that would be all well and good and expected. Especially if what I was doing, instead of sleeping, was coming up with a solution to a problem that I could then put into action the next day.

No, these are the kinds of thoughts that keep me awake at night:

“Were the servants in the opening scene of Romeo and Juliette Capulets or Montagues? I think they were Capulets, but I can’t remember. I could get up and check – the play is just in the next room. No, I’m not consulting Shakespeare in the middle of the night. It’s just stupid. Benvolio survived that play, didn’t he? Did he pull a Horatio? I can’t remember if he was in the last scene. I. Will. Not. Check…”

"Actually, I think you probably could do a mash-up between I Could Have Danced All Night and The Thong Song. You'd just have to keep playing ICHDAN under the Thong song as a counterpoint, and then you could have it slowly take over..."

No comments:

Post a Comment