Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ummm.....

Came across this ad at the bottom of a web-page today:

"Killer White Teeth"
The Secrets Dentists don’t want you to know about Teeth Whitening!


I think (although I'm not sure, because I was too afraid to click on it) that this is an ad for some sort of teeth-whitening service or product, trying to use the serpent-under-the-apple-tree method for making you want it ("Dentists don't really have your teeth's best interests at heart - they just want to keep all the knowledge and power to themselves").

And yet...

I'm sorry, but it reads like on of those "Current Affairs" type gloom and doom stories. What are the secrets dentists don't want you to know, and how will that lead to your whitened teeth being "killers"? Is there some sort of toxic substance in all teeth-whitening procedures? Are we doomed to suffer some strange and fatal condition as a result of wanting unnaturally white teeth?

Thank goodness I never touch the stuff. I figure as long as my teeth aren't yellow or black I'm doing okay. Who needs their teeth to be as white as bleached paper?

For that matter, who needs their paper to be as white as bleached paper? Come on, people, that just ain't natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment