Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Drawing with a Mac

Okay, I had to share this.

If you have previously read this blog, you may have read my previous entry regarding my MacBook and its shocking lack of anything resembling a drawing program. I still maintain that if Windows can do it, then Mac should be doing it better, darn it - to heck with this "not at all" business.

Anyway, in my previous post (which I'm currently too lazy to link to) I made a comment about it being so difficult to try to draw something with my Mac that I may as well try to force my hand-written drawing into the computer using my amazing mental powers.

Well, a couple of days ago, I tried to do just that. You see, I suddenly had this scathingly brilliant idea: my MacBook doesn't have a drawing program, but it does have a webcam! So, I redrew my picture with a Sharpie (R), held it up to the camera and...

Well, you just have to see the result:



Yeah, the program that uses the webcam converts everything to a mirror image. I had noticed this before. I had not noticed that there isn't a single thing installed on my MacBook that will flip the image. I can rotate it any direction I like, but flipping? Not so much.

I'd be really annoyed if it wasn't so darn hilarious.

1 comment: