Thursday, July 29, 2010

A correction

Ma tahan varsti reisida Saksamaale ja Austriale.

I had written:

Ma tahan reisida Saksamaal ja Austrial varsti

And I'm reasonably sure I used the wrong case to say "travel to" as opposed to "travel in", and I think the "soon" was in the wrong place for an Estonian sentence (although I could be wrong - I am basing a lot of my interpretations of Estonian sentence structure on whether or not Google comes up with something ridiculous when I put my sentences into the translator, which could be erroneous).

While I'm writing sentences in target languages for practice, I may as well throw in a Saksakeeles attempt:

Ich will nach Deutschland un Östereich bald reisen.

1 comment:

  1. >Ma tahan varsti reisida Saksamaale ja Austriale

    Austriasse

    Allative is used only when country name ends with '...maa'. Otherwise illative is proper choice.

    And probably in current context you have to finish the sentence with verb - 'Ma tahan varsti Saksamaale ja Austriasse reisida'.

    ReplyDelete