Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beggars can't be choosers

Okay, so I was very fortunate that she agreed to let me resit my oral test tonight, given that I was ill last night and could not string a sentence together to save myself.

When people are accommodating me, I can accommodate them without too much bother.

So, when she tells me she's running late, and asks me if she can call me back in twenty or so minutes, I readily agree to such things.

When an hour-and-a-half has passed and she has seen several people who were scheduled after me, and I haven't heard a word from her, then I feel less accommodating.

And, yet, when I hop in the room the minute it's free, and someone else pops in at the same time (the sixth person after me on the list, I think), she asks me if I'd mind waiting another ten minutes.

I hope I didn't seem too rude when I said I'd rather do it now or reschedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment