Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stonehenge, QLD

I visited Stonehenge today, through the magic of Google Maps.

Stonehenge is an extremely small town in the middle of Queensland, more or less. It's so remote, you actually have to go off the road that goes there in order to get there. I have no idea how that is supposed to work. Somehow, there's just this extra bit of the road that branches off to Stonehenge and then (according to the map) doesn't actually connect back to the real road.

You don't go to a place like Stonehenge by accident.

Anyway, I've often used Stonehenge as a token example of a remote town: "You never know, you might be sent on prac to a place like Stonehenge". For some reason, today I decided to see if the Google people had taken photos of the place. Turns out they have.

And, I have to say, it has completely cured my curiosity about the place. I now know exactly what Stonehenge is like: Sparse. Very, very sparse.

I'm not sure it's a place you go to on purpose, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment