Sunday, January 15, 2012

Doors

A great amount of of fuss, bother, noise and tumult was generated by attempting to position six liaison librarians in a new seating plan based on the location of a certain door.

It was quite painful, really.

Then, it turns out, the door isn't where they put it on the map - it's on the other side.

As one of the people who eventually came down to saying "I don't care, stick me where ever you feel like", I had to resist the urge to say "suffer in your jocks!" to those who fought to be away from the door and associated throughway, and are now squarely in the throughway they tried to avoid.

And, by "resist", I mean I said it anyway, but tried to make it sound like I wasn't saying it:

"You know, part of me really wants to just say 'suffer in your jocks', but I can understand how you would find the current situation distressing...'"

No comments:

Post a Comment