Thursday, November 12, 2009

Change My Mind

Helen asked me to write a song.

Sadly, I couldn't think of a new one, but an old one decided it was time to flutter into my head, so I pinned that one down instead.

Some months ago a country-bluesy kind of tune crept into my brain. It seemed familiar, but I couldn't think of any lyrics that belong with it, so I was happy to just hum along until I remembered where it belonged.

Unfortunately, my brain has a tendency to play with patterns, so before I could remember what the real lyrics were I started to fill up the tune with words that "flowed".

Then one thing lead to another and "Change My Mind" was the result.

The sad thing is, I'm still pretty sure that tune belongs to another song, so I don't think I can use it - but now I really can't remember what that other song is, because I keep thinking of these lyrics instead.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment