Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fury vs Glory and GC United


Oh. My God.

The Fury appear to be on a winning streak. I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself.

I meant to write a post last week about the match against Perth Glory, but I ran out of time. Let's see if I can sum it up:

"Hell, yeah!"

They gave us a show and a win. What more could you ask? a) a 2-1 win, b) second win of the series, c) first home win ever... I was so happy I bought a hat. It's now my "victory" hat, and I'll wear it whenever we win.

I briefly put it on yesterday when I read about our 2-0 win over Gold Coast. After our last match against GC United ended with a 5-0 loss, the 2-0 win was very sweet.

This is what I'm talking about, people. When you support the stuggling team, every win is "Yeah! We Won! Huzzah!", while a loss is just "eh, whatever". But if you're team is consistently at the top of the ladder, any win is just same-ol-same-ol, while any loss is devastating. It's always good when the wins mean more than the losses.

Meanwhile, the fact that the only games I can watch are the live matches totally sucks, dude. What happened to the days when at least some of the A League matches were televised free to air? I'm not going to pay for Fox Sport, dammit! SBS or Seven, get your gear into action and buy back some rights!

No comments:

Post a Comment