Monday, November 9, 2009

That's an insult

From a Wall Street Journal Article:

"He has compared a prominent opponent of the switch to a local "avaava" fish -- a sea creature that swims in shallow waters and eats garbage, an insult in Samoan culture."

You mean, calling someone a shallow garbage eater is an insult? Go figure.

Anyway, I like it. I think I'm going to have to add "avaava" to "troglodyte" and "fustilarian" on my list of "insults that are almost as much fun to say as they are to give."

3 comments:

  1. Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete