Thursday, October 21, 2010

Avoidance tactics

Just to put things in context: I'm supposed to be working on a referencing guide for Harvard.

We need a shop on campus which sells sushi.
I'd eat sushi for lunch all the time if there was a shop on campus and I didn't have to drive somewhere to get it.
It could just serve sushi and ramen - quick stuff that can just take a minute to throw together.
That reminds me, I don't know what ramen is, exactly.
I've been guessing.
Must confirm.
Wikipedia.
Ah, noodle soup.
Thought it was something like that.
We could have a shop in the student mall that does quick sushi and ramen easily.
They can go in the old post office or something.
I wonder how hard it would be to start up a Japanese fast food joint?
Have to hire a decent sushi person from somewhere.
No point having a sushi joint if the sushi's no good.
Could we convince one of the current Japanese take-outs in town to open a mini outlet?
If I had a quick-and-easy Japanese sushi bar I'd call it "Jaapani Söök".
Why did I say that?
What language was that one - oh, yeah, Estonian.
Hmm, wonder if naming my sushi bar "Japanese Food" in Estonian is intrinsicly amusing enough, or if I need a reason to put the two concepts together?
Estonia - Japan.
Japan - Estonia.
The latest food craze: Estonian Japanese Fusion.
Sushi with smoked Baltic herring and pickled cabbage as ingredients.
Could work.
Sashimi with head cheese as a side dish.
Not so much.
Sashimi works well with chips - I've done that before - and Estonians love potatoes...
Maybe have the Japanese and Estonian food on the same menu, but not on the same plate (unless someone asks for it).
Maybe just have the legends of Kalev decorated in a Japanese brush-work style around the room.
Something involving pearl barley and tuna?
This is a stupid idea.
I wonder what John Fiorelli is doing these days?
"Okay, John Fiorelli!"
Hey - it's actually "John Fiorella"!
Whoops.
Hunh, I've been getting that wrong for years.
I still like the way "John Fiorelli" sounds though - good name.

No comments:

Post a Comment