Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Diese Siete ist auf Englisch. Soll sie übersetzt werden?

This is just amusing me no end. My Google Chrome browser woke up today set in German. And I mean set in German.

Not only are the language settings of the browser itself in German, but it's taking me to the German versions of major websites, bringing up German pages in my Google searches, asking me if I want to translate English pages into German, and highlighting all of my English spelling as being incorrect (because it's not spelt properly auf Deutsch, ja?)

It's even doing it with pages I've bookmarked - taking me to the German version of the page even though I bookmarked the English version.

I didn't tell it to do this. I haven't touched the language settings for the browser. It was in English when I shut it down last night, and in German when I opened it this morning.

Yesterday I added German and Estonian language settings to my keyboard configuration, but I'm reasonably sure that shouldn't make one of my browsers convert into another language without being prompted (I should point out that I have IE and FireFox open at the same time, and both are in the same language settings I left them in yesterday).

It's odd. It's hilarious. I'm not going to change it back. I figure it made itself this way, it can switch itself back when it feels like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment