Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Actual New Plan

Okay, this new plan is actually useful, and does not involve a lack of permanent address (or bathing):

I'm going to put off starting the Masters in Applied Linguistics until 2013. I just kept going over the maths and logistics of it all and realised that I'd probably only be shaving a semester off the grand total if I started in 2012, and that hardly seemed worth the effort. In fact, depending on how the subjects fell, there was a good chance I'd be finishing at exactly the same time whether I started in 2013 or 2012.

Given that I really want to spend six weeks in Europe next year (two of them in an Estonian intensive course) and four of those weeks would be cutting into my second trimester anyway (so I'd be studying and travelling at the same time), it made sense to only be juggling one degree and a European adventure, rather than two - especially if I wasn't going to get any real time benefit out of it.

So I won't be the crazy person next year. I'll be the crazy person the year after.

No comments:

Post a Comment