Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Scoot

There is an extent to which Peter-from-NYCewheels can sell me anything, but I can't help but feel I'll be comparing all kick-scooters to this one:



And no, the scooter thing isn't a new obsession now that I've got the folding bike thing and need a new toy over which to drool. I'm still drooling over my own bike - it's unbelievably cool, although I'm still trying to find the sweet spot for the saddle. At the moment I can get my knees happy or my shoulders happy. Why they can't just agree is beyond me.

I've been looking at scooters ever since I saw this a couple of years back:


The way you propel this thing (carving) both intrigues me and makes me reluctant to commit. Sure, the fact that you would build mad levels of core strength propelling yourself with only the sinuous movements of your body sound great, but it looks like you need a fair amount of space for that. I am rather fond of being able to move in a straight line when desired...

Anyway, back to scooters. When I was in Sydney last year I found myself really wanting a scooter. I just wasn't there long enough to be motivated to seek out one that was suitable for adults but not ridiculously cumbersome (as the only adult scooters I've seen in shops always seem to be). The NYCewheels one looks pretty cool. I think the board could be a little more spacious and it doesn't look like you can adjust the handlebar height, which may be problematic if you were using it for more than ten or so minutes at a time...

But, hey, Peter-from-NYCewheels does make it look good, and we all need a benchmark to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment